Members in the News
- Murray Goldstein, DO, MPH, FAAN, FAOCOPM, one of our “Great Pioneers” in Osteopathic Medicine & this College, was selected by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) as a merit reviewer for its Pilot Projects grants. The PCORI was established by Congress as part of the Affordable Care Act to provide patients and physicians with evidence-based information about their health care treatment options. Dr. Goldstein’s role will be to determine the significance and quality of research proposals submitted to PCORI covering a wide range of research topics. (12/1/2011 AOA Dailly Report)
- Congratulations to Thomas A. Quinn DO, FAOCOPM on the publication of his new book, The Feminine Touch: The History of Women in Osteopathic Medicine.
- The Air Force Times caught a photo of our own Lt. Col. Richard Vatt DO, MPH, FAOCOPM in a training exercise with the armed forces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, May 4 in Kinsasha. We're proud of you Rick & many thanks to our military members for sending us this photo.
- It is with great sorrow that we pass along to you the obituary of James L. Fleming DO, MPH, FACOPM, a longtime active member of our College and a pillar of strength on the American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine. We will miss you Jim!
- At the annual 2011 spring meeting of the national Student Osteopathic Medical Association, Howard Teitelbaum DO, PhD, MPH, FAOCOPM was named this year's recipient of the Northup Educator of the Year Award. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Col. Les Roger Folio, DO, MPH, MSc (Rad), MAS, USAF(ret.), former chief of the US Air Force Telehealth on the publication of his latest book, Combat Radiology.
- Vikas Kapil DO, MPH, Associate Director for Science for the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Response at the CDC, was interviewed for the Medscape article What Are the Potential Physical Health Effects From the Gulf Oil Spill?
If you or a colleague has been in the news, please let us know! We want to celebrate with you -
AOCOPM in the Press