Click here to be directed to the AOBPM website for full details.
Board Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for board certification from the American Osteopathic Association through the American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- The applicant must be a graduate of an AOA-accredited college of ostepathic medicine.
- The applicant must be licensed to practice in a state or territory where his/her practice is conducted.
- The applicant must be able to show evidence of conformity to the standards set forth in the AOA Code of Ethics
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the AOA or Canadian Osteopathic Association for two years prior to the date of certification.
- The applicant must have satisfactorily completed an AOA-approved internship.